Monday, March 4, 2019

PROPHETIC ART

I'm sure there are at least a million definitions for "prophetic art."  Maybe what's most important is what it means to me or you.  I am an artist.  I have painted ever since I could hold a brush or stick in my hand.  I love the texture, the flow, the color . . . always enjoying the journey, the adventure more than the end product.  When I became a believer many years ago, I knew it was to use this gift to glorify and honor my G-d. I would paint Bible stories, lessons or even word studies in living color.  But gradually I began to sense His "come away with Me" voice.  To me, this meant to leave my preconceived ideas and artistic training behind. I was delivered from being a "fine" artist to a "fun" artist!  And my role model became the butterfly!!!

I put out a canvas and wait...or not.  Sometimes I just splash color and then see what I will see to explore.  At other times, a word or scripture will come to mind and I will follow that leading. The key for me is to just paint for the pleasure of my Abba.  Not for the world or a person, but just to bring Him joy.

Right now I am exploring a piece about "garments."  Already it has taken some interesting twists and turns.  I attend a Messianic Jewish Congregation and am learning the original Hebrew meaning for many words.  This in itself brings new light to the table.   Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment