Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentines

Did you know that Valentine's Day will arrive in a couple of weeks? I used to work in a flower shop and it was amazing how many folks were actually surprised when the day arrived. They were the last minute shoppers who would spend "anything" to have their ordered delivered by personal currier. After I took their money I would say "Didn't you go to kindergarten? How did you become this big executive without adequate knowledge of major holidays?" Anyway, I have just made some very simple Valentine's for my family by recycling old art. I just cut a piece of unused art to fit an envelope and then cut out a heart shape from another piece of art. I dab a little glue to keep it in place and then zig-zag around with my sewing machine. VOILA! ....a personal, handmade, keepsake valentine....


These are actually 2 Valentines placed over a paper doily atop an envelope for display.

1 comment:

  1. Your valentines are gorgeous. And so are you, inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete