Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coffee Mugs


Do you have too many coffee mugs and don't know what to do with them? Do folks give you mugs as a token, a joke, or a souvenir? There were way too many items in my kitchen cabinets and I decided to take control of the situation by removing many surplus coffee mugs. But, what do you do with them? Where can they go? And what of hurt feelings of those who so contentiously and meticulously chose them for you? As they sat on my kitchen counter awaiting their fate....I had an idea. I love fun stuff in my garden, and so I grabbed them up, carried them outside, and fitted them atop my picket fence where they look quite perky. They are now out of my cupboards and yet still available if I need extras for company. Being ceramic and slippery they do frustrate the neighborhood birds, which I admit is fun to watch!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen
    You dpon't know me but i love your daughter cos she makes my surrogate brother Alasdair very happy, I am Liz.
    I think you and i would be great friends as I love your creativity and colour. Gina is going to show me your amazing recycle bag technigue. I loved this picture as yes i too have the mugs that sit in the back of the cupboard, and what a great idea!! ciao for now liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all want to give great gifts, those gifts that bring a smile when unwrapped and make the new owner want to use them immediately. Finding that perfect personal gift, however, is not always an easy task. steampunk mug

    ReplyDelete